OutsThis page serves as the hub for our COVID-19 related advocacy, regulation, and certification updates. Our Member’s Section will soon have a “Getting Ready for Camp” page updated for Summer 2021.
COVID-19 Regulation and Requirements for Camps from MADPH (Awaiting 2021 Guidance)
- UPDATED JULY 20, 2020: Full Phase 3 Guidelines for Recreational Camps
- MASSACHUSETTS MINIMUM HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR OPENING SUMMER CAMPS IN 2020
- Massachusetts Pool Regulations for 2020
- Download the PowerPoint Presentation from MDPH’s 6/11/2020 Zoom Meeting.
- Watch the recording of our June 11 Zoom Call with MDPH
- Q&A on the Standards from MDPH
Advocacy Efforts by MCA on Behalf of Summer Camps
- Letter to the Governor Advocating for OST Staff Vaccine Priority
- Slides from September 29 Advocating for your Industry session with Tremont Strategies Group
- Outreach Timeline from MCA during COVID-19
- Please read: An Update from the MCA Board & Follow up meeting with Mass DPH
- Summer Camp Supplemental Fund press release
- Letters in support of the camping industry:
Other Outside Resources Available to Camps
- The American Camping Association (ACA) has put together a large list of camp-specific resources available to all. This list is comprehensive and being consistently updated. We highly recommend you bookmark this page and continue to refer to it, as they offer guidance on nearly every aspect of COVID. They are updating it daily and providing many free webinars.
- See the ACA’s recently released Field Guide for Camps
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is updating its website with more information in real time.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has updated information as well as recommendations and resources for best practices during the outbreak.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) is the hub for global information about the outbreak.
- Red Cross is offering significant changes to their certification procedures.