Why you should join MCA today!
The Massachusetts Camping Association (MCA) is THE LEADING VOICE for recreational camps for children in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
MCA is a registered 501(c)(4) organization which provides opportunities for their members inclusive of:
- Educating our State Legislators and Department of Public Health on the needs of Massachusetts Recreational Children’s Camps. CLICK HERE for more information on MCA Advocacy efforts with Tremont Strategies.
- Regular Updates which provide information about the current status of both regulatory and legislative issues that pertains to camp operations in MA.
- MCA’s website, email and social media platforms provide information, resource sharing and professional support.
- Members Only Website Section:
- Direct links to Massachusetts state regulations, forms and other invaluable information.
- Archive of regulatory resources to support you.
- In-Person Educational Opportunities for Camp Directors:
- In the Fall, MCA holds an event for MA Camp Directors to meet and discuss hot topics from the prior summer. This sets the agenda for key issues MCA will prioritize in its state advocacy with legislators and the MA Dept. of Public Health.
- In the Spring, MCA holds the ‘Getting Ready for Camp’ event that includes:
- MA Department of Public Health report on the regulations governing summer camps.
- Review the “Opening Camp in Massachusetts” checklist that aids camp directors to make sure they cover all aspects of regulations in Massachusetts.
- New Camp Director Certification
- The MCA partners with ACANE to offer a combined New Camp Director Training that satisfies the MADPH requirements for New Camp Directors.
WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER AND NEED EVERY CAMP’S VOICE AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT TO CONTINUE THE EDUCATION AND ADVOCACY FOR MA CAMPS.