Our virtual Fall Town Hall is coming up on Tuesday, October 27 from 1-2:30 pm on Zoom! This email will tell you more about what to expect at the town hall, how to register, and what other educational opportunities will be available this fall from both MCA and ACA New England.
What’s happening at the Fall Town Hall:
- Legislative update: Hear from MCA and Tremont Strategies Group on the ongoing legislative efforts for summer camps.
- Membership update: Learn about where MCA is at, and some of our plans to continue to support our members through the winter season.
- Participate in small community breakout groups to discuss the most pressing issues facing your camp and help inform MCA of issues you need represented.
To register, fill out the google form here. Non member camps are welcome to attend the fall town hall for free to learn more about membership and what actions MCA is taking on behalf of the industry in Massachusetts.
Other learning opportunities upcoming with MCA and ACA New England:
ACA New England Roundtables
Our friends at ACA New England are hosting a series of roundtables aimed at getting the New England camping industry together to discuss successes, failures, and ideas from this summer to prepare for 2021. Each roundtable will have a specific topic and a panel of experienced camp directors (and other professionals) to help guide conversation and provide ideas.
Here is the schedule of roundtables:
- Resident Camps that Operated In-Person Summer 2020, October 27, 2:30-4:30pm
- Programming-Specific Summer 2020, November 2, 11am-12:30pm
- Day Camps that Operated In-Person Programs Summer 2020, November 9, 1-2pm
- Creative Property Usage Summer 2020, November 12, 10-11:30 am
- Virtual/Remote Opportunities Summer 2020, November 16, 11am-12pm
Winter with MCA
Stay tuned for a Town Hall in December or January to provide more specific updates on Massachusetts COVID requirements. We will be sure to send any urgent updates in our regular emails.
Other topics we may include for professional developments are diversity, equity, and inclusion, mental health impacts from COVID, and hiring.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an email at MCAboard@gmail.com. We look forward to seeing everyone on the 27th!