The Massachusetts Camps Association (MCA) is THE LEADING VOICE for organized recreational children’s camps in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
We proactively provide advocacy and education around legislation that impacts the camping industry. Working closely with our lobbyist to monitor bills and take action to protect the integrity of quality camp programs including child safety, property management, employment regulations, land stewardship, taxes and insurance.
MCA also serves as an educational and collaborative resource for camp professionals throughout the state hosting regional meetings, workshops and networking opportunities annually.
- Monthly Electronic Newsletters include Legislative Alerts, Hot Topics for Camps, Professional Development Opportunities, Upcoming Events, and links to our Business Partners.
- CALL TO ACTION notices when we need the voice of camp professionals to correspond with their local representatives on critical issues.
- October Fall Workshop – A chance for camp directors to debrief their summer with colleagues, legislative update from our lobbyist, national trends and hot topics, and a networking lunch provided.
- December CampDirector Roundtable – Focused on a specific topic such as aquatics, website development, human resource policies, etc.
- March Annual Meeting held at the ACA New England Conference. Hot topics, voting on our volunteer Board of Directors, and Getting Ready For Camp resources provided.
- April Spring Workshop – The Department of Public Health presents what to expect in preparing your camp for licensing this upcoming summer, the MA Cori Board provides CORI Certification Training, and typically a presentation geared to helping camps with their readiness for camp, ie. Risk Management Plans. All followed with a nice lunch provided by one of our Business Partners.